Cheese and Vegetable Sticks, baked snack specially for kids!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Cheese-and-Vegetable-Sticks-7586r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Cheese and Vegetable Sticks
Vegetables add a unique twist to these scrumptious cheese straws. Good way of including vegetables to your kid’s diet. Brimming with protein, fibre and calcium — this recipes is definitely better than those fried snack!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes.
Baking temperature: 180°C (360°F).
Makes 24 sticks
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables
(carrot , capsicum and celery)
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
salt to taste
1/4 cup soft butter
whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for dusting
1. Sieve the whole wheat flour in a bowl.
2. Add the salt and mix well.
3. Rub the butter into the flour, with the help of your fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add the mixed vegetables and cheese and mix well.
5. Add approx. 4 tbsp ice-cold water and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
6. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
7. Lightly dust the rolling board using little whole wheat flour, place a portion of the dough on it and flatten it.
8. Roll into a 125 mm (5″) diameter round and cut them vertically into medium sized strips.
9. Repeat steps 6 to 8 to make more strips.
10 Place the strips on ungreased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 minutes, turn the strips once after 20 minutes.
11.Serve immediately or cool and store in an air-tight container.